Prenatal Irritation/Revulsion Imprints Us for Intolerance of Others, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders, and Super-Tidy Homes … “Don’t Bug Me!” Kaleidoscope of Postmodern Life, Part Twenty-Three
“Don’t Bug Me!” … Culture Wars, Hating Hippies, and Having Obsessively Clean Homes, But Tolerating Pollution – Prenatal Irritation/Revulsion. 21st Century and Its Discontents, Part 23
How We Act This Out—Politically and Environmentally
To review, in the womb (1) we are surrounded by toxins—they threaten us…our lives, our “purity”..they irritate us. (2) We can’t get rid of poisons that build up in the environment around us…like a prenatal environmental pollution…we can’t eliminate wastes as efficiently.
The first aspect of this — surrounding and threatening — relates to how we act this out in our homes, communities, and social environments — that is, with other people; it has to do with intolerance. The second—buildup of waste—concerns how we act this out with our general, our planetary environment, with environmental pollution. Let us take them in turn.
We Are at War With Our Personal Environment
First, (1) we are surrounded by toxins—they threaten us in our homes and communities.
Obsessive-Compulsive Cleanliness…Severe Tidiness
The environment around us is always felt to be unclean, polluted. We can’t seem to ever get it clean enough. Any dirt or untidiness reminiscent of our time of built up toxins in the womb sends us into a flurry of activity to fight it off, lest we ever feel that way again.
We use chemical cleaners and anti-bacterial agents to fight off imaginary threats, which we call viral and bacterial, but in doing so insure we will actually live in a toxic chemical environment.
We will tolerate pollutants in the air we breathe and the water we drink—after all that merely re-creates the “bad blood” we once experienced—but we will not abide litter or dirty streets. In fact, we see these pollutants projected on the people in our cities, and so we want to “clean up the streets.”
“Don’t Bug Me, Man.”
We felt “bugged” in the womb, for we were irritated. We cannot abide any creepy crawly bug-like things around us for they remind us of those “itches we cannot scratch”—that prenatal skin irritation. We over-eliminate spiders and insects from our environments in a way so far beyond what is necessary. We are blind to how they are part of our essential ecosystem.
I don’t like mosquitoes any more than the next person, but I can see that alongside an all-out war on all creepy crawlies we have seen a disappearance of bees, essential for our food production…maybe related, probably not.
We Will Not Be “Bugged”
My point is that the vast majority of insects are harmless to us and not even bothersome. Yet, let some tiny insect into a suburban home, and you would think that it had been invaded by a SWAT team. This is hilarious from the perspective of someone who has done some primal work and so is not so “bugged” by the appearance of an insect, or of being a part of its roadway to wherever, or by noticing how some have used our bar-b-que items for temporary landing places or short-lived insect airports. Notice the reaction of some people when an ant or some other insect is observed kiting across a picnic table if you think I’m exaggerating.
We are at war with anything that reminds us of those irritating times; we do not want to be “bugged.” And if we are, it can send some of us into a fury…or a terror. I have one friend who was once invaded by fleas. She is now terrified of them. I’ve had similar experiences with fleas—don’t get me wrong, I do bomb them, when they get to a certain point where they might get out of control. But I’ve been in the same environments with this person, as has my wife, and this person’s terror is extraordinary for the situation.
I believe these kinds of phobia—and there are many examples of this fear of insects that could be used—are rooted in this trauma of being irritated in the womb. For it is an uncomfortable situation that went on for an incredibly long time for an extremely young human (a fetus) who had little, if any, sense of time and so of the possible ending of discomfort.
We Are at Culture War With Elements in Society That Remind Us of This Time
To continue, (1) We are surrounded by toxins. They threaten us…our lives, our “purity”..they irritate us.
“Dirty” Hippies and Other “Irritating People”
But it is not just bugs that bug us. We project this primal irritation on others. They bug us, are irritating. Sometimes they are; but sometimes simply the sight of them stimulates our unconscious irritations. We see them sometimes as “unwashed” and thus irritating. Some folks say other folks are “scum” or “vermin”; or they use similar terms indicating a revolting dirtiness—vile, immoral.
We hate anyone and anything that seems to be on the other side of this war against ickiness. We create culture wars and put those other people on the other side—they are hippies, immigrants, minorities—always they are described as “filthy” and “dirty,” which indicates we are seeing them through a veil of perinatal revulsion.
Politically – These Poisons Surround Us
There are these poisonous elements (immigrants, communists, socialists, Hollywood ideas, teachers, educators, union organizers, activists, “hippies,” beatniks, unemployed, riff raff) who are destroying our “pure” way of life (way of life = blood stream with lots of bright oxygenated blood), and “these influences” are all about us and surrounding us. And we fight back against this toxic encroachment like little supermen fighting for some version of the pristine past…for “truth, justice…and the American way!”
But There Was a “Golden Age” Before Them
Politically, we scapegoat minorities, gays, immigrants, Jews, Hispanics, hippies, gypsies, witches, as being pollutants to our purity of race, blood. We look out at others as being those “unwashed masses.” This implies we have a time of purity from the past (the Fifties in America, for example), when only our pure blood existed and life was easy. And we want to get back to it. In late gestation discomfort, most of us as prenates actually do have a memory of an earlier time of pristine perfection, harmony, and bliss—BPM I—early womb life.
But, now, these impure things insert themselves into our lives and disgust us…bad blood. But they also surround us…with their filth. In actuality, however, we are merely acting out a time of increasing carbon dioxide, chemical, and waste matter buildup in the late stages of gestation. It is this incursion we are endlessly and futilely fighting off.
Continue with “Get Away From Me, Bum!” … Replaying a Prenatal Narrative, We Create “Filthy” Others and Blame Them for Loss of Our “Golden Age.” 21st Century and Its Discontents, Part 24
Return to The Itch We Cannot Scratch … Imprinted to Tattoo, Body Pierce, and Sun-Bathe in Prenatal Irritation/Revulsion. 21st Century and Its Discontents, Part 22
Invite you to join me on Twitter:
friend me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sillymickel
June 23, 2012 - Posted by sillymickel | Activism, Anthropology, ecocide, Environment, globalrevolution, Health Care, History, newearth, News, occupywallstreet, ows, Politics, taxtherich | 60s, America, bad blood, bees, birth, bliss, blood, bloodstream, BPM I, bug, chemical environment, Consciousness, control, creepy crawly, CULTURE, culture war, dirty, DISCOMFORT, disgust, ecosystem, environment, experience, fear, fetus, Fifties, filth, filthy, gestation, golden age, harmony, health, hippie, hollywood, home, immigrants, immoral, imprint, impure, insect, intolerance, irritation, itch, life, masses, memory, minorities, nature, obsessive, obsessive-compulsive, perfection, perinatal, phobia, planet, planetary environment, poison, politics, pollution, prenatal, prenate, primal, psychology, race, revulsion, riff raff, scapegoat, science, scum, sixties, social environments, society, tidy, toxin, trauma, truth, unclean, uncomfortable, unconscious, unwashed, war, waste matter, way of life, womb
No comments yet.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Writer, independent scholar, primal therapist, breathwork facilitator, & political activist. Expertise: fields of Pre- and Perinatal Psychology; Primal Psychology; Humanistic Psychology; Cross-cultural Religious Practices & Rituals; Great World Religions & Theologies; Spirituality; Altered States of Consciousness Research; Asian, especially Indian Religious Philosophy and Culture; Politics; Sixties Politics, Culture, Movements, and People. Journeyman scholar: fields of Economics, Anthropology, Psychological Anthropology: Environmental Studies.
Things I’m proud of: Being one of the group of people who worked to bring nuclear power to a halt, in Springfield, Oregon, early 80s, and succeeded. My reasons: the apocalyptic dangers of nuclear energy. My part: going door-to-door every night for a few years in Springfield and towns up and down the Willamette Valley educating people about the dangers of nuclear and the financial scandal of the WPPPS plants. How it was done: Enough grass roots pressure was brought to bear. The organization I worked for, Oregon Fair Share, discovered Springfield law that stipulated that its citizens could not be indebted/taxed over a certain % without a vote of the people; there had been no vote; the costs overruns of WPPS would have led to indebtedness of approx. $8,000 per household throughout the Northwest – just to “mothball” the plants. This led to a lawsuit. Current US Congressmen Representative Peter deFazio became involved and helped in the lawsuit, which was taken on, pro bono, by an attorney, whose name I’ve forgotten. We won, creating the largest bond default in U.S. history. Other municipalities followed suit. Nuclear power was shown up to be the financial gravy train for investors and the financial ripoff for consumers that it is. No applications to build a plant were filed after that.
Other things I’m proud of: all of my writings; any way I’ve helped clients in therapy; any way I’ve helped students when I taught at the university; my websites and blogs, the fact that I was a hippie and a young radical and antiwar activist in the Sixties; the fact that I lived during the incredible Sixties and got to experience and get bitten by the idealism and global visionary bug, which I hold fast, to the this day; and the fact that I was the perfect age to understand and experience it – in my late teens and early twenties; the fact that I had the sense and courage to do thorough primal therapy in Denver during the years 1975-1980; my wife, Mary Lynn, my stepson, Peter, my brothers and sisters, my nieces and nephews, in particular, still growing up, Timothy; and especially my Godchildren, JoAnn, Tyler, and still growing up, eleven year old, smart, athletic, and amazingly for her age, sensitive and loving, Elizabeth.
I’m also proud of my ability to be silly as hell without caring, to be madcap, to make people laugh, to be rational, to wake people up, to be comedic, to be able to write more wisely than I have any realization of knowing, to notice the person left out in a group and to include that person, to care about the suffering of people I don’t know, as well as those I do, and to feel their pain, to care about the plight of our planetmates, the other beings on this planet who don’t have to resort to rarely effective language in order to communicate, to be able to forgive, to be tolerant, to be non-judgmental about what people do that doesn’t effect others, and to be able to be on any person’s level – from child to working stiff to university prof to corporate cog – and to hear, understand, and share with them in their language.
The most fun I’ve had: playing with nephew, Timothy, and Goddaughter, Elizabeth, and being in their world and playing with them and sharing with them my ability to make up wild outlandish fantasies of reality that we’d laugh and play around with, at the same time giving them the support, love, role model, advice, and acceptance of the adult I am; also the “work” I did with the developmentally delayed and emotionally disturbed, where I found that they had more ability to share in laughter and to be funny and clever, and to be loving, than most “normal” people – child or adult.
Another thing I’m proud of: Learning through the work above that everyone, no matter their level of intelligence or their emotional problems, are beautiful sparks of divinity with bits of genius, and certainly unique wonderful qualities, that make them delightful to be with.
My main mission in life: Searching for truth in world of Lies, Liars; wanting to help as we kill the planet, all of us, all our children, grandchildren, and all the planetmates, all the beings, of which God made millions of species, who have lived and had a home on this planet until only lately, the planet-killing half-borns, the species, Homo Sapiens, evolved, to the extreme detriment of the millions of other planetmates.
Damn good example of why you should get references, ALWAYS, before allowing anyone to move in.
- 1st Retreat fr Natural Self Was Matriarchal Consciousness; It Shud Hardly B r Goal: You Can Only Transcend a Duality bit.ly/1aa4M03http://twitter.com/sillymickel 11 minutes ago
- Are Crop Circles Messages from Our Higher Self Urging Us to a Primal Return to Nature 2 save Ourselves? #TheAwakening bit.ly/187aBiihttp://twitter.com/sillymickel 31 minutes ago
- Matter As Metaphor,3—Expect Less…& More… from Your Wasps: The Rest of the World, Given the Chance, Is Out to Love You bit.ly/10UPgB2http://twitter.com/sillymickel 56 minutes ago
- Life or Death Matters We Need to Face to Survive: We Have Manifested a World That Re-Creates r Traumatic Human Births bit.ly/10mmAnKhttp://twitter.com/sillymickel 1 hour ago
- Like Chiron, We Need to Take Inside Us the “Sins” of Promethean Fathers to Stop Millennial Cycles of Suffering #ows bit.ly/12wv89Ihttp://twitter.com/sillymickel 1 hour ago
- Ritual Is Pseudo Experience—Avoidance of True Nature, Not an Attunement w/It: Matriarchal Is a Split fr Natural Self bit.ly/16aqKnihttp://twitter.com/sillymickel 1 hour ago
- At 4 or 5, Giving Up, We Become “Them”:Life Is Passed Performing Rituals & Mouthing Incantations in Service of Others bit.ly/183BGmnhttp://twitter.com/sillymickel 17 hours ago
- The Great Reveal – Book 6. complete book. The Great Reveal by Sillymickel & the Planetmates. complete prasads bit.ly/YY1VW8http://twitter.com/sillymickel 1 day ago
- Experience Is Divinity – Book 7. complete book. primal renaissance. matter as metaphor. transpersonal perspective bit.ly/10SGJyphttp://twitter.com/sillymickel 1 day ago
- Wounded Deer and Centaurs. complete book. psych roots of war & apocalypse, Eden arise, & a consciousness revolution bit.ly/11a51Zshttp://twitter.com/sillymickel 1 day ago
- Apocalypse No–Book 4: Apocalypse No: Apocalypse or Earth Rebirth & the Emerging Perinatal Unconscious. complete book bit.ly/1812Fz4http://twitter.com/sillymickel 1 day ago
- Becoming Not Yourself: Infant & Toddler Learning Involves Learning You Are Not OK & Continues Separation fr Divinity bit.ly/YTeBxyhttp://twitter.com/sillymickel 3 days ago
- Apocalypse Emergency: Love's Wake-Up Call ... . Complete Book, on-line free, now bit.ly/188YgaL #TheAwakening #ecocide #occupyearthhttp://twitter.com/sillymickel 4 days ago
- Creation of Loneliness & Expulsion fr Paradise at Birth: The Why & Way of Mind Separating fr Universal Consciousness bit.ly/12AxwOjhttp://twitter.com/sillymickel 5 days ago
- On Science as Idolatry…A Physicist Reports on the Truth Behind Scientific Conjuring bit.ly/19BBqri #TheAwakening #theshift #ecocidehttp://twitter.com/sillymickel 6 days ago
- Culture War, Class War: The Rise and Fall of “Obvious Truths” .. Complete Book, on-line free, now bit.ly/10yi554 #TheAwakening #owshttp://twitter.com/sillymickel 1 week ago
- About Becoming Authentic & its Author, SillyMickel Adzema. About The Site. The Next Frontier in Evolution. bit.ly/10EOKqu #Awakeninghttp://twitter.com/sillymickel 1 week ago
- Are Aliens Actually Angels Attempting 2 Midwife Us In2 Next Higher Stage of r Ascension 2 hOMe? Matter as Metaphor 10 bit.ly/18EFol7http://twitter.com/sillymickel 1 week ago
- Separated from Our Bodies at Birth..Separated from Our Spiritual Selves: An Angel of Death Guards the Gates of Heaven bit.ly/12lIiI3http://twitter.com/sillymickel 1 week ago
- We Create Time to Escape from an Insufferable Now…Therein We Create Death: The Beginnings of...Becoming Just an Idea bit.ly/16f0M1ahttp://twitter.com/sillymickel 2 weeks ago