|I’m writing to you on a great day for America.
This morning, I gathered with members of Congress, my administration, and hardworking volunteers from every part of the country to sign comprehensive health care reform into law. Thanks to the immeasurable efforts of so many, the dream of reform is now a reality.
The bill I just signed puts Americans in charge of our own health care by enacting three key changes:
It establishes the toughest patient protections in history.
It guarantees all Americans affordable health insurance options, extending coverage to 32 million who are currently uninsured.
And it reduces the cost of care — cutting over 1 trillion dollars from the federal deficit over the next two decades.
To ensure a successful, stable transition, many of these changes will phase into full effect over the next several years.
But for millions of Americans, many of the benefits of reform will begin this year — some even taking effect this afternoon. Here are just a few examples:
Small businesses will receive significant tax cuts, this year, to help them afford health coverage for all their employees.
Seniors will receive a rebate to reduce drug costs not yet covered under Medicare.
Young people will be allowed coverage under their parents’ plan until the age of 26.
Early retirees will receive help to reduce premium costs.
Children will be protected against discrimination on the basis of medical history.
Uninsured Americans with pre-existing conditions can join a special high-risk pool to get the coverage they need, starting in just 90 days.
Insured Americans will be protected from seeing their insurance revoked when they get sick, or facing restrictive annual limits on the care they receive.
All Americans will benefit from significant new investments to train primary care doctors, nurses, and public health professionals, and the creation of state-level consumer assistance programs to help all patients understand and defend our new rights.
As I’ve said many times, and as I know to be true, this astounding victory could not have been achieved without your tireless efforts.
So as we celebrate this great day, I want to invite you to add your name where it belongs: alongside mine as a co-signer of this historic legislation. Organizing for America will record the names of co-signers as a permanent commemoration of those who came together to make this moment possible — all of you who refused to give up until the dream of many generations for affordable, quality care for all Americans was finally fulfilled.
So if you haven’t yet, please add your name as a proud health care reform co-signer today:
Please accept my thanks for your voice, for your courage, and for your indispensable partnership in the great work of creating change.
History, and I, are in your debt.
President Barack Obama
- “we are players in epic stories of ends of days and beginnings of time….” September 30, 2015
- “The world needs to hear this!!” Humor and the Reemergence of the Divine Feminine, an interview with Michael Adzema September 19, 2015
- Listen in, tomorrow, Sunday, Sept 13 on Extinction Radio, 12pm, pacific, 3pm est, Peter Melton interview of Michael Adzema: “The Crisis and Opportunity of Impending Extinction” September 13, 2015
- The transcendent approach to activism .. the necessary hero .. the relation of activism to true spirituality… September 1, 2015
- “This end result — the Unapproved and Hidden — is the product of the billions of unallowed thoughts, lies, and denials of all the “good” people of your culture.” June 4, 2014
- How You Are God, the Universe Is Friendly … From Solipsism to Transpersonal Reality: Transpersonal Perspective, Part Three — Experience Is Divine May 3, 2014
- “The Truth is that Ultimate Reality cannot be anything but helpful in that It is you — and why wouldn’t you help yourself?” April 27, 2014
- In spite of yourself things are going to work out exactly as they are meant to. April 24, 2014
- “For the men of you, your humiliation wrought of conformity to higher ups pushed you to seek a compensating domination, of the same sort as you experienced, over your women” April 16, 2014
- “You erected walls of fear-rooted control around your fleeting havens of ease … and called it ‘family’…. You erected a shrine to family equal to your exaggerated terror of the uncontrolled” April 12, 2014
- “Marxists, in looking into the misery and injustice of the world, looked only so far as the suffering and injustice of humans … sometimes not even of women” April 3, 2014
- To most Christians, and many conspiracy theorists, I want to say, you way OVER-estimate humanity…. April 1, 2014
- Do the best that you can … but be kind to yourself. March 30, 2014
- “With humans, for the first time, we have this added labor, this added, actual, “work” — effort that is onerous because it is coerced”: The Planetmates on specialization and assembly lines, Marxism and surplus value, industrialization March 28, 2014
- “Creative people know … about that magical, “instinctual” knowledge that comes to one precisely and specifically”: Planetmates on work versus instinct, happiness, joy, play, Divine inspiration, and fun. March 27, 2014
- “You and we are the same experientially”: The Planetmates reveal instinct and “free will” … “Many of the things you do in life arise because you are born with the capacity or ability to do them” March 25, 2014
- “The extra control you brought to Nature is equal in measure to the extra pain and labor you have manifested in Nature, oh, suffering planetmate”:The Planetmates reveal the origins of work, what a Planetmate’s life is like, control, and the suffering humans brought to Nature March 21, 2014
- “On the altar of certainty and increasing control, you sacrifice your children”: The Planetmates reveal thingification, the economic lodestar, children as commodities, large families, child labor, Nature’s parents March 20, 2014
- “Having retreated furthest from your reality, in order to manage and control it, you are aloof and insensitive to your children”: Planetmates reveal childhood lost, the animal self, soul murder, the intrusive mode March 18, 2014
- “You have not an inkling how you cuddle with your chains and contribute to your increasing numbification over your lives”: Planetmates on happiness, sex, the tribe, the nuclear family, and the “intensity of experience” of life March 17, 2014
- In primal times, children were less afflicted with being scapegoated for parents’ societal subservience and unhappiness: Planetmates reveal magical childhood, tribe life, primitive planned parenthood March 13, 2014
- People say, “Everything is energy.” But is there energy existing *outside* of our perceptions of energy? No. Everything is Experience: Experience Is Divinity, Matter As Metaphor March 9, 2014
- ”Your children became different from the children of Nature because of shortcomings in their human caregivers”: The Planetmates reveal on soul murder, the adult trance state, poisonous pedagogy, fairy tales…. March 8, 2014
- “Children are shaped unconsciously by adults in ways you do not wish, but cannot help”: Planetmates reveal forgotten childhood, hope and real transformation, parenting and the unconscious…. March 7, 2014
- “’Who is the fairest one of all?’ expresses you are threatened by and jealous of your babies”: Planetmates reveal parenting, child abuse, and who the real “animals” in Nature are March 6, 2014
- “You are capable of true, unconditional love, but not while blind to your hidden agendas and self-seeking desperation”: The Planetmates on real love, the “love contract,” adorability in infants, parental “love” March 5, 2014
- “By feeling the…pains…again, reconnecting with your woundedness…in this way you can free yourself”: What the planetmates say on love, woundedness, relationships, real healing, real transcendence March 4, 2014
- “You wish to turn your infants into the parents you wished you had”: The Planetmates on unreal love and roots of woundedness … “babies having babies” … parental love March 3, 2014
- “One can rise above body and call it spiritual, but it is simply human Ego that one has glorified”: The Planetmates on spirituality and the body’s needs, detachment, helping the higher ups, enslavement…. March 2, 2014
- Like reading a letter from a wise, old friend…. March 1, 2014
- On human “intelligence,” the “games people play,” human communication, enslavement in self-denial. Planetmates reveal the truth about the roots of war, domestic brutality, genocides, and more. February 28, 2014
- Nature’s honesty, communication in Nature and in humans, and hidden agendas. The Planetmates on bonding, how babies are like politicians, and more February 27, 2014
- On obedience and sycophancy, “positive” thinkers, culture, the “good” person, more. What the Planetmates reveal February 26, 2014
- On consciousness … family and children … “that ego that you do, you do so well” … more: Today, from the Planetmates, “trigger-happy cowboys on crack” February 25, 2014
- In the First Prasad, Planetmates Say Our Wisest Humans Shared One Understanding – The Same Blind Spot: The “Unapproved and Hidden” January 31, 2014
- Of Shared Experience, Sacrifices, Morphic Resonances, and COEX Systems: Why We Scapegoat … Why We Insist on Saviors and The Community’s Inner Dragon January 26, 2014
- Moving the World – A Race Against Time: A Smaller Number of Us Can Make All the Difference in the World, Literally, by Tipping Our Course One Way as Opposed to Another January 15, 2014
- About SillyMickel’s Books January 14, 2014
- The problem with conspiracy theories…. January 8, 2014
- The New Hero’s Cycle Involves Surrender Not Struggle, Sacrifice Not Slaying, Compassion Not “Toughness,” and Silliness Not Stoicism: Play Cards with Your Dragons December 28, 2013
- Atman Projects Versus Surrender Solutions and a Different Hero’s Journey: When Everything Appears to Be Conspiring Against You, You Might Want to Stop Fighting Rebirth December 21, 2013
- What the planetmates really think of us, the latest: On human “evolution,” control, conformity, birth…”controlling your young” December 19, 2013
- Control vs. Surrender, Death vs. Life … The Path to Heaven Leads Through Hell: Will We Survive? Putting Our Society “On the Couch” December 16, 2013
- The Beginning of Change December 15, 2013
- The Price of Peace Is Inner Sight … Better Hitler Had Jumped Into Mosh Pits: Rebirthing Rituals, the Hard Rain Fallin’, and the Value of Popular Culture in Awakening December 6, 2013
- Being Crazy in an Insane World Might Mean You’re the Sane One: The Cycle of All Events, the Evolution of Parenting, and Auspicious Collective Regressions December 3, 2013
- Four Levels of Psychedelic Experience and a Primal Spirituality: A Primal Perspective, Part Six, Experiences of Overwhelming Energy and Joy Have Been Described November 30, 2013
- Culture War, Class War book released. Occupy Generations and The Rise and Fall of “Obvious Truths.” now available. Order Information November 2, 2013
- Apocalypse NO released. 2nd Book by Michael Adzema now available. Order Information October 15, 2013
- Apocalypse Emergency: Love’s Wake-Up Call. Book by Michael Adzema released. Order Information. October 14, 2013
- culture war
- filthy rich
- human rights
- occupy wall street
- Stanislav Grof
- tea party
- RT @sillymickel: “We call it “growing up” to be impassionate, to be morosely, meekly obedient: Educators exhort us to deny... https://t.co/…http://twitter.com/sillymickel 20 hours ago
- RT @sillymickel: “The last educated generation”: “It had become clear to the people at the top they could better manipulate the... https://…http://twitter.com/sillymickel 20 hours ago
- RT @funder: Trump Vs. Obama on #MLKDay. https://t.co/rvlm24tbyzhttp://twitter.com/sillymickel 20 hours ago
- RT @sillymickel: Tribe life, primitive planned parenthood, magical childhood: Planetmates reveal, “You had less children, but... https://t.…http://twitter.com/sillymickel 20 hours ago
- RT @sillymickel: Roszak did an overview of psychology and philosophy in Western culture and showed how none of them gave us a conceptualiza…http://twitter.com/sillymickel 1 day ago
- RT @sillymickel: For a definition & explanation of Fifties Generation see the previous chapter, “Drugs & Generations—Concocted Worlds” htt…http://twitter.com/sillymickel 1 day ago
- RT @sillymickel: Tribe life, primitive planned parenthood, magical childhood: Planetmates reveal, “You had less children, but... https://t.…http://twitter.com/sillymickel 1 day ago
- RT @sillymickel: Science Has Demonstrated That Psychological Changes Affect the Rest of Reality: Every Breakthrough We Make... https://t.co…http://twitter.com/sillymickel 1 day ago
- RT @sillymickel: "the Universe's perpetual movement to become whole again ... and this time through you....": The Experience of... https://…http://twitter.com/sillymickel 1 day ago
- RT @sillymickel: “The last educated generation”: “It had become clear to the people at the top they could better manipulate the... https://…http://twitter.com/sillymickel 1 day ago
- RT @sillymickel: “We call it “growing up” to be impassionate, to be morosely, meekly obedient: Educators exhort us to deny... https://t.co/…http://twitter.com/sillymickel 1 day ago
- RT @sillymickel: Most telling of all in the attacks on Clinton’s behavior is the assumption that such a stance on open marriage &... https:…http://twitter.com/sillymickel 1 day ago
- RT @sillymickel: Clearly, our ideas of humanity and normality were estranged from the natural world we lived in. How else could we think to…http://twitter.com/sillymickel 1 day ago
- RT @sillymickel: Meanwhile, the anti-abortionists are found to be comprised primarily of those of the WWII Gen, their 80s Gen clones (Gen X…http://twitter.com/sillymickel 1 day ago
- RT @sillymickel: The Spiritual “Code” That Is Written In Reality: Physical Reality Is as Symbolic as the Images in Dreams “Listen Better!…http://twitter.com/sillymickel 1 day ago
- RT @sillymickel: When Tradition and Religion Break Down, All Truth Is Liable to Break Out: The Center of the Onion Is Nothing …... https://…http://twitter.com/sillymickel 1 day ago
- RT @sillymickel: We’d rather cuddle with a statue: “Emotions having become soured in us … we strive to empty ourselves of them.Our... https…http://twitter.com/sillymickel 1 day ago
- RT @sillymickel: We’d rather cuddle with a statue: “Emotions having become soured in us … we strive to empty ourselves of... https://t.co/k…http://twitter.com/sillymickel 1 day ago
- RT @sillymickel: Ecopsychology Clearly combining the meanings of the words ecology and psychology, Roszak asked us to question the sanity…http://twitter.com/sillymickel 1 day ago
- RT @sillymickel: “Woodstock? Isn’t that the kind they use to make rifles?” … No, i don’t believe history is being taught much,... https://t…http://twitter.com/sillymickel 1 day ago